Jermayn,

I think that it really depends on the end user. I know that any .pdf I
open within my copy of Firefox or Safari will always open up a
separate instance of Acrobat Reader or OSX Preview.app anyway (= new
window). It might have something to do with how Acrobat Reader is
installed by the end user, i.e Either as a plugin or standalone app.

As a side question, why use PDF? As a governmental body (assumption
made by examining your email address), why are you putting your public
information into a proprietary format that requires a proprietary
reader to read?

Can someone tell me how accessible PDF documents are to people with
special needs? I'm assuming that it's not hopeless with the likes of
the accessibility features within Windows and OSX, or am I wrong?

Karl