Just set the element with a z-index and the problem will be solved.

Cheers,

Mark

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Ted Drake
Sent: 29 May 2007 19:27
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Firefox & Wmode

 John wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience dealing with the bug in Firefox that
disables mouseover events in Flash when the animation file is placed in
an absolutely positioned element and the Wmode parameter of the
animation is set to "transparent" or "opaque"?  I've built a page where
an animation is positioned beneath some other elements, and a button is
not clickable in Firefox.

Thanks,

John

Do you have other flash items on the page?

We had a problem like this while building Yahoo! Tech. We played around
with z-index elements for days. Eventually, we discovered an overlapping
flash module that was actually throwing a transparent layer above other
elements. While the bad flash movie was fairly small, it had animated
sections that grew and caused the problem.  Also go through your
javascript and look for anything that is creating a container with
z-index that could be causing an overlap.

I hope that helps

Ted Drake

www.last-child.com <http://www.last-child.com/>