Nope, it's genuine. This is an extranet system that financial services
companies will be connecting to. Did you know that Norwich Union has
thousands of users still in Win3.1 and NN4.03 (so I've been told)? And some of the other insurance and mortgage companies aren't much better. Then there
are many who are using thin clients (Citrix), and a few with more modern
systems. It's a real hotch-potch.

doesn't surpise me at all - a friend told me about a year ago that a bank he was working for was only just replacing a whole lot of win3.1 machines.