On Jun 18, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Thierry Koblentz wrote:

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure ie6 does transparent border (if I recall,
it turns them black).

Yeah, it doesn't. I actually not sure how to write the rule.
I had {border-top: 5px transaprent},
{border-top: 5px; border-color: transaprent}

It doesn't work in Firefox and Safari, then I realized even if I got it correct it probably won't won't in IE.

So I used {border-top: 5px solid wheat } /* wheat the same color as the h2 background */

By the way, I have a question regarding fixed background position

it doesn't work in this way in Safari and Firefox either.
#container {background: url(image.jpg) fixed no-repeat}
so I changed to
 #container {background-position: fixed}

But I am certain this works
body {background: url(image.jpg) fixed no-repeat}

why?

tee