Gav... wrote:
<quote who="John Horner">
I think the inclusion of the postcodes in the tags is a little clunky,
and not very intuitive.

I've had no direct involvement with the makeover, but I happen to know
the reasoning behind the postcodes. There are a number of different
towns and cities with the same name all over Australia.

"Springfield" for instance -- two in NSW, two in Victoria, two in
Queensland and one each in SA, WA and Tasmania.

I tried my Postcode of 6036 - not recognised, I then tried 4 others in
surrounding Northern Suburbs, all of them were resolved to be "Perth" even
though I am a good 40 minutes from CBD.

Needs improvement in that area, maybe its not finished.

Gav...

The Aus Post site has an up to date list of postcodes->suburbs that includes all codes and the suburb as the post office sees it.

http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2

I'm sure this is what the ABC would have used but for anyone else, its a great resource. Pity it doesn't have Geo co-ords. :(

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential
and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended
only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of
this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email
or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does
not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.
Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability
is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments