From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Faulds
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:56 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Container Background Image Does Not Appear in Firefox

It's as I said before. Your layout contains floated content and you
haven't cleared your floats. Adding overflow: hidden to #container will
make the borders appear in Firefox but you should do some reading up on
'clearing floats'.

http://www.nichemktghouston.com/bookgrooves/HomePageSample17e_ltGrnTitles.ht
> ml
>
> I can't even imagine how I'm going to handle the Topic and Members
> columns
> with CSS, as well as the three columns for Popular Reads with the images
> of
> the books.  It's been painful, but I'm trying not to use tables.
>
> Nonetheless, I'm not using a border because I need to figure out how to
> get
> the background image to appear in Firefox.  I use background images
> often,
> and they usually aren't as simple as a border.
>
> Thank you.

Tyssen Design
www.tyssendesign.com.au
Ph: (07) 3300 3303