Hi, I don't seem able to solve this very simple position problem for the comment area.

First I wasn't sure whether I should use OL or UL or P or DT for the comment (my first question), after looking at some blogs I decided to go with OL (with a question mark hanging in my head), everything seemed working as expected until I started adding pretty background colors/images and Firefox doesn't obey my rule. Been spending last 4 hours trying to figure what I did wrong with Firefox but I am unable to see the error.

Pleaseeeeeee lend me your crystal clear eyes.

There shouldn't be a gap for the mustard background (#1, #2...) and the 'john doe on july 15, 11:34am' gray background
http://zhujili.com/index-new.html
codes in question:

#comments li {margin-left:96px; /* because the gray background image is 96px wide}

#comments li.msg_left {font-size:1em;
        background:#cc8c0b;
        padding:5px;
        float:left;
        width:30px;
margin-left:51px; /* this one is causing the problem in Firefox but I need this declared because I wanted the the box stay 51px away from the left */
        color:#ddd;font-weight:bold;}

It appears that in Firefox, the li.poster inherits the "margin-left: 51px" from the li.msg_left which I can't make sense of it. #comments li.poster {width:auto;padding:5px 0 5px 15px;background:#2E2F30 url(images/curve-top.jpg) no-repeat right top;}

thanks!

tee