If your banking site relies on a new window for its security, then it is
time to get a new bank!

In this day and age when every major browser has tabbed browsing, there
is little that is more infuriating than have a new browser window
spawned for no reason - worst of all is when I 'middle-click' to open a
link in a new tab, and get both that AND a new window with the same
content.

Mike