Hi all,

With the XHTML Strict DTD, forcing a new window to open for a link via target="_blank" is not a valid semantic method anymore. I myself believe that whether to open in a new or current window should be user decision, not wed designer/developer. If I am using Strict DTD, the only way to achieve opening the new window is through JavaScripts.

So what argument should I give to my clients not to use target="_blank" ? If I say that won't validate your page, they won't care. So any non-technical argument that I can give to them?

Ryan