Hello everyone on the mailing lists that I have used to produce my (X)HTML Best Practice Sheet!

It is no longer called a "cheat" sheet, and it has gone live today. Check it out at http://keryx.se/resources/html_elements.xhtml and feel free to use it or as you please - or improve it!

There are three versions: XHTML, PDF and Open Office. Use whichever you prefer. Content-type: application/xhtml+xml and CSS3 selectors are used. It may look bad in some browsers and MSIE will choke!

As for accessibility: There are a lot of headers. It might not be easy to listen with a screen reader, and I have yet to solve the question about sub-section headers in my table.

Lars Gunther

P.S.

It has been tested with Firefox 2 and Opera 9.22

The latter has a peculiar bug: The topleft corner in the table shall have no border top or left. Scroll down and the back up and a border will hang in the air...)

Safari for Windows does not support the check mark ✓ but renders most things OK.

Reason for XHTML: I intend to use some XSLT on this doc further ahead...