Andrew Maben wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2007, at 4:19 PM, Dejan Kozina wrote:
>
>> Anybody (Mac & Linux browsers...) wants to take a ride? The thing is up
>>
>> there at http://www.kozina.com/mailtest/ . Let us know of your results.
>>

> worked for me: MacOS 10.4.9/Safari 2.0.4

Not mac or linux but...

win xp, firefox 2, thunderbird 2
opens 2 mail messages, both with the correct email address

redirects to this url:
http://www.kozina.com/mailtest/example/com/me

with this content:
Found
The document has moved here.

I tried setting this up myself on win xp, apache 2.2 and fiddled a lot
with the rewrite rules and i got mixed results at best. As far as I'm
concerned it's too unreliable to use. Plus you're still putting the
email address in the source code albeit a modified version. If this
became a popular way to handle mailtos a harvester is sure to be written
to pattern match http://.../com/... or http://.../com/au/... or whatever
at some stage and attempt to construct an email address from it.

--
Chris Knowles