Hi again...

Whoops...butterfingers I unwittingly hit send before completing my email.

Aaaaanywise...here is what it should have said:

Hi,

WCAG 1.0 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/) states:

"Guideline 1. Provide equivalent alternatives to auditory and visual content
Provide content that, when presented to the user, conveys essentially the
same function or purpose as auditory or visual content....

1.1 Provide a text equivalent for every non-text element (e.g., via "alt",
"longdesc", or in element content). *This includes*: images, graphical
representations of text (including symbols), image map regions, animations (
e.g., animated GIFs), applets and programmatic objects, ascii art, frames,
scripts, images used as list bullets, spacers, graphical buttons, sounds
(played with or without user interaction), stand-alone audio files, audio
tracks of video, and video. [Priority 1]"

I have two questions regarding images added via CSS.

1) I added an image for each bullet via CSS .box ul li. How do I specify alt
text in this situation? Do I add alt text in the HTML...even though there
would be no image if CSS was disabled?

2) What is the implication (what do I need to do) for purely
presenation/aesthetic images?

For example on my wife's microsite (that I built)
http://phd.london.edu/ygrushkacockayne/ what do I need to do, if anything,
for the gifs that form rounded corners on the boxes, via CCS on .box, box2
et cetera?

Cheers,

Simon