Yeah, I was afraid that it would come down to this. It will require a lot
more planning beforehand, because I will need to find out what exact
disabilities each of the users have and need to consider individual
limitations. And I won't be able to just chuck all people with visual
disabilities into one pot. Reading out cards will be very hard. I mean, card
sort is such a visual tool, I personally would never want to try to do a
card sort without constantly seeing the words in front of me.

Users with hearing disabilities will be easier in that way.

Physical disabilities could be difficult depending on the user. But as long
as they can express which card to move into which group or how they want to
label groups its fine. I just need to ensure that the cards are lying in a
position where the user can easily see them. Some users may have
difficulties looking down onto a flat table all the time.

Phhh... this is certainly going to be a tough one.

> Have a look at this online card sorting tool, I don't really think it's
> going to help you much in this situation, but it is a good tool and
> there may be something you can use it for, even if it makes recording
> participant responses easier for you.
>
> http://www.optimalsort.com/pages/default.html

That's not bad! As you said, it probably won't work for this situation, but
it's good to know there's an online card sort tool that I could use. Might
be handy in some situations.

Thanks for the reply.