On 12 Dec 2007, at 09:01, Horst Gutmann wrote:

Or is the problem that the WAV-file is automatically played back
within the browser and no download dialog appears? In this case you
will have to instruct your webserver to assign a different
content-type by default to .wav files. For example assign them
application/octet-stream or something similar.

I'm far from a fan of the "Pretend I don't know what type of data is in this file" approach. If you really want to tell the browser to download it rather then handling it in its default fashion, the please use the Content-Disposition header instead.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/