Frank Palinkas wrote:

> Am I correct in thinking that behavior should target structure first, and if
> necessary, presentation second?

Frank,

when you have a choice I don't think it matters which one you choose.

But this raises another question I'd like to ask...take these situations:

a) the user agent has Javascript that doesn't support the DOM (but has
CSS enabled)
b) the user agent is Javascript enabled and not CSS enabled

how common is a) (maybe not on the desktop but what about other
devices?) and does b) actually exist out there?

If so, then I'm not sure there's ever really a choice. e.g. in your
example you would need to use both methods to cover a) and b):
a) would need you to set the style to display: none
and b) would need you to try and remove the node

--
Chris Knowles