http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#h-10.3
"Definition lists vary only slightly from other types of lists in that list
items consist of two parts: a term and a description."
Note that in the above paragraph they use the term "description" rather than
"definition".

You may also want to read the thread "semantic list with explanation" from
last week. As it discusses an issue specific to DLs

And this in case you plan to make the Qs toggle (on/off) the As:
<plug>http://tjkdesign.com/articles/toggle_elements.asp</plug>

--
Regards,
Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com