Hi,

Are we agreed that the back button *should* take one to the previous page?

I use an internal web application (it's a helpdesk issue tracking
system...not developed by me) where they developers have hijacked/messed
with that back button functionality so I cannot use the back button to get
back where I was before I entered the internal web app....rather the
internal web app page re-renders itself.

The developers of the internal web app are not keen on
un-hijacking/un-messing with the back button processing.

A compromise...I thought...would be a button in the page saying, for example
"Return" (or leave or abandon or exit or something TBA)...that would take
the user back to the page they were on *before* the entered the internal web
app.

To accomplish the compromise the web app will need to know/determine what
the prior page to the web app was...

Cheers,

Simon