Hi Felix,

Here's a screenshot of a typical moderately high resolution environment:
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/SC/sc-alaclib1.jpg
and the setup source:
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/tmp/sc-alaclib1.html

Just a thought, but a moderately high resolution environment to me is a setup of over 3mpx. For instance, dual 20" TFTs, dual 19" CRT or single 30" etc. A high resolution environment for me is about 7.5mpx. While I'm aware that your mileage may vary, a 1680 x 1200 pixel screen size is certainly not a standard one! Thus I'm really curious about your definition of a standard one! The Standard Panels Working Group (SPWG) isn't the fastest moving of organisations, admittedly, but you'll find that they're usually ratifying 16:10 aspect ratios as standard - something to consider when designing sites.

Additionally, those of us with extremely large working areas should usually have a 17" TFT or lower to test on for 'the great unpixeled'.

kind regards,

John Hancock
Identity
[EMAIL PROTECTED]