From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dean Matthews
Sent: 03 May 2008 19:15
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Image links

On May 3, 2008, at 5:48 AM, Stuart Foulstone wrote:

> As someone mentioned earlier you should also remove borders from the
> image,
>
> a img {
> border: 0;
> }

This is what I was hoping would work but it doesn't. Explorer still
shows the bottom border on hover. Interestingly it is not a problem
with Safari which does not show the border hover on images by default.

To be clear, I have a 1pixel bottom border on hover (It looks better
than the default underline).

The problem is to easily and globally prevent the border on hover on
image links.

I have solved it with a border-style: none; class but it has to be
applied to each image, which is a pain.

17:30