Amrinder wrote:

I was reading this article on Smashing Magazine which shows how to increase code readability

but I have listened to Andy Clarke ... saying that one should save
> the white space as it increases the file size.

Which approach is better? Should we go for code readability as described by Smashing Magazine or follow what Andy said.

Do you have enough page views that your bandwidth cost is killing
you? Will removing a couple of dozen tab characters in your style
sheet result in a better user experience?

If so, pull the white space. Personally, I'd worry more about the
ease of maintenance, especially if more than one person's working
on the site. :-)

Or have the best of both: formatted for readability in your version
control repository, with a script to run at deploy time to check the
markup+css out and minimize it.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]