Paul,
Try making your width on ul#footer 934px (960-15-11); reason being you need
to subtract the left and right padding amount from the overall width since
padding affects the width of the box. I noticed in "firebug" that the UL
width was way wider than the wrapper whose width was 960px.

Best Regards,
Nate Hanna