William,

the select tag has a set width. There is a chance that IE is restricting the list to that set width and using this set width as the view port of the option list.
Look it up.

I suspect that is the problem also. I have been looking for a solution, but not getting anywhere, which is why the post.

I also noticed how the list opened upwards for me, as opposed to a 'drop down' combo box.

Weird, but maybe related to the browser window height.

Also found validation error on the input tag on the select list form not close in xhtml format.

Fixed

Also is the javascript orientation for the list the best option.
Accessibility issues can rise. A 'Go' button could assist. I'm sure there are better ideas from other members.

Probably not, but if I can't solve this IE clipping problem I may have to re-think the whole idea.

Once the IE thing is solved, I'll look further into triggering the links.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
If you go to http://www.bobstestplace.com/aahid/

using Safari on the Mac

and click on either of the drop down form menus in the right column

you will see the option list open below the form menu select in a window that is wide enough to view the entire name of each option.

This seems to be default behavior with Safari.

If you do the same with FireFox, some clipping occurs.

If you do the same with IE6, a lot of clipping occurs.

The question:

Any way to get the other browsers (and especially IE6) to display like, or nearly like (I would be happy if IE6 was at least like FF), Safari?

Thanks,

Bob