[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Here's the best way I can describe the effect of (90%, x-axis)
positioning with percentages: "to position the image such that the
point 90% across the image is aligned with the point 90% across the
element".
That makes sense because if you set the x-axis to 100% its aligned right, 0% and its aligned left, 50% and its aligned centre.

If the percentage width of the element related to the zero point of the background image then 100% would place it wholly to the right of the element. At 50% the image's left side would start at midway in the element but then the percentage would be meaningless in terms of the element itself.

It would be of little practical use.

This never occurred to me before you mentioned it.
--

Kind Regards

Chris Price
Choctaw

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.choctaw.co.uk

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder while
Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

>> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Lonsdale Partners, Priory Close,
St Mary's Gate, Lancaster LA1 1XB • United Kingdom