Michael said:
> Are you willing to work 3 days extra for each project to implement the
> usability / accessibility regulations in order to follow the web standard
> in order to create a better website that the client will not pay for or
> even understand what they are paying for...??

I try to quote clients for the amount of time it will take me to do a website
the right way. Following the standards and implementing solutions which fit in
with the regulations (in the UK I believe there are laws covering accessible
websites) is always the right way. Setting your pricing to cover this would be
a good move.

I'm a realist as well, but I believe that you should only do things the
non-standard, inaccessible, non-degradable, easy way when there's a very strong
business reason to do it. Off the top of my head the only valid reason I can
think of for ignoring the standards and accessibility would be when you're
writing a private intranet with known client software and users.

Chris

This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc.
www.surfcontrol.com