A dear client is holding us over a barrel.....

Does anyone have some user test data/video (that they are willing to share) that shows that forcing a popup window for external links is a bad idea?

~ brad pollard

Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Use &   < and >

All other characters should be actual characters.

Use a character encoding that contains all the characters you require.

Use of NCRs and other entities should be rare occurances for language challenged environments.

Andrew

kevin_erickson wrote:
Hello,
I am looking for advice on if the best way to code for special characters is to use the actual character or the attribute value or the alt code? i.e. for the ampersand should one use & or &? Does it matter? I know that Dreamweaver automates some of this but what is the best practice?

Thank you

kevin