And the other excuse is that is "that everybody use it". Just ask for proves
of that (both the standards and the numbers). Weak developers hide under
this "false" statements to avoid doing their job.

P.S. If they ask for your proves, you only have to show them the W3C pages.
They are in html, so somebody are using it.

César Páris