Clarification.

Section 508 and ADA are about as different as fishes and bicycles in
intent, direction, scope and application.

Section 508 is part of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.  It only
applies to US Government web sites and those sites built/maintained with
(US) federal tax dollars.

ADA is shorthand for the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as
amended.  The prevailing point of view (until recently) is ADA has nothing
to do with the web.  However the Target.com court case and other (US) state
thoughts are that ADA applies to all web sites within its jurisdiction.
Time will tell on this point.

 Dennis Lapcewich
 USDA Forest Service Webmaster
 DRM Civil Rights POC
 R6 Web Accessibility Monitoring Program
 Pacific Northwest Region - Vancouver, WA
 360-891-5024 - Voice | 360-891-5045 - Fax
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing
 it." -- Anonymous