Good points Krystian

I've make standards compliant templates in ZenCart but it was a very hard slog and involved minimising a lot of the functions and layout options, not ideal. Also, you rightly address semantic mark-up as vital which few cart options get right. If I'm in the dvd section, the h1 should reflect that as different than when I am looking at Shop > DVDs > Star Wars, where Star wars should be the h1.

I find most generic shopping carts are good for selling books and dvds but very difficult for the client to understand when they have less than simple products. ZenCart for example does not let you easily stock control t-shirts across different size/colour/variations easily.

So the gauntlet has been thrown. A simple, customisable shopping cart, that is at least _somewhat_ standards compliant, uses CSS (with tables only for tabular data, not layout) and allows one or more template with a usable template engine (allowing the developer to force standards compliance by generating their own templates.)

Anyone?
Joe