Thank you for your answers, I did indeed forget the beginning <html>
tag, thank you for pointing it out. Since one the pages I have live
validated in W3C without the <html> tag, it isn't my primary concern,
but will update with our next release.

It is interesting regarding the <noscript> and W3C not doing
javascript.  I will also move them to body on next release.

Nancy