Also Spracht Jens Brueckmann [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> In my opinion this is worst practice.
>
> First priority should be for a website
> to make the content available to as
> many people as possible.  Browser
> discrimination is at least as bad as
> accessibility and usability violations.

I remember back when the first IE releases came out and Netscape was the
dominant browser that many sites intentionally shut out IE users and put up a
"Netscape Only" splash screen.

There were a number of sites that I wanted to visit that had this provision...
and I was forced to buy Netscape.  Granted... that isn't the case now with just
about every available browser being free.  However, the spirit is the same and
only hurts "innocent" users.

--
The generation that used acid to escape reality is now taking antacid to deal
with reality.