Anya,

It just makes good business sense, If you can write what would normally take 40 lines of code to do and can condense it to a half dozen. That's reason enough for me.

Today's customers are demanding a lot more for less so if you can do something in half the time - why not.

Regards

Aubrey

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've been trying to convince people here at work to use JQuery for UI, but most are reluctant, because it's a framework. Any good arguments of Why it is still OK to use JQuery?

Anya V.  Gerasimchuk
Web Designer, IT - Web Shared Services
UNIFI Information Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(513) 595 -2391

*Aubrey Morrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

09/18/2008 12:04 PM
Please respond to
wsg@webstandardsgroup.org

        wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
cc

Subject
        Re: [WSG] Learning Javascript properly

Simon,

Get into jQuery man. Plain old javascript just doesn't cut it. Best
library I have used.
Bit of a learning curve but well worth getting your head around.

Have fun: http://jquery.com/

Regards

Aubrey

Simon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I really want to get stuck in and learn Javascript properly, and by this I > mean not filling my page with onclick and sending hrefs to #. But instead
> abstracting it all into the .js file and keeping my markup clean.
>
> I've followed the book by Jeremy Keith called DOM Scripting which teaches > just that but it only goes so far. Everywhere else I look seems to have all
> the old school techniques which I want to shy away from.
>
> Does anyone have any resources?
>
> Thanks so much
> Simon

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
begin:vcard
fn:Aubrey Morrell
n:Morrell;Aubrey
org:ambiguousmoose
adr:Beverley;;28 Mace View;;East Yorkshire;HU17 8YP;England
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;home:01482 880021
tel;cell:07952 314 823
url:www.ambiguousmoose.co.uk