To Andrew:

What I am trying to do is get a form field to reset a value back to the
default selected when a user clicks on the refresh or reload button in the
browser, not the page (meaning I am not using <input type="reset" /> to
reset the fields). So, for example, lets say this code is:

<form action="processorformquantity.pl" name="heartSearch">
<select name="hsQty" id="hsQty" onchange="proc()">
<option value="0">0</option>
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
<option value="3">3</option>
</select>
</form>

As you see the code above displayed in the browser, 0 will automatically be
shown in the dropdown box (let's call it the default#). But, if the user
changes the default# to let's say 2, and then decides to reset the page for
whatever reason using the browser's default refresh or reload button, the
user-selected 2, will change back to default# (or 0).

The reason is because for some reason, unknown to me, it is a major part of
my grade.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Todd Budnikas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I guess use onbeforeunload to trigger an event?
> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/OnBeforeUnloadDemo1.htm
>

> On Nov 13, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Brett Patterson wrote:
>
> The Reload Current Page button in Firefox, and I think the Refresh Page
> button in IE, and whatever those buttons are called in other browsers. NOT
> with an input button to reset. Thanks.
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Todd Budnikas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Do you just mean a form reset input button? <input type="reset"
>> value="Reset!">? You lost me on the "but instead using the browser's
>> button.. what button?
>>

>> How do I get a form field to reset itself back to its default value if the
>> user has changed it?
>>
>> Without clicking on a refresh/reload button on the page but instead using
>> the browser's button.
>>
>> *The XHTML Transitional code I have is*:

>>           <label for="hsQty"></label>
>>           <form action="" name="heartSearch">
>>             <select name="hsQty" id="hsQty" onchange="proc()">
>>             <option value="0">0</option>
>>             <option value="1">1</option>
>>             <option value="2">2</option>
>>             <option value="3">3</option>
>>                     </select>
>>                     </form>

>> <form action="" name="hSearchoutput">
>> <input type="text" name="hsTotal" id="hsTotal" />
>> </form>

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brett P.