Hi Ben,

cynical/suspicious about what suppliers claim in the pre-signoff phase

I agree - that's why I questioned it. With my internal clients a little
naive displaying this long list of 'pieces of functionality' broken down it
conveys the impression that there's a lot of 'extra' work involved.

To see this exact billable function in action check out:
http://www.kbb.co.uk/intkbb08/ scroll to the footer where you'll see 'Text
only version' which then takes you to:
http://www.kbb.co.uk/cgi-events/betsie.pl

I'm quering whether:
a) it should appear on the breakdown in the pricing quote and
b) whether this is actually good web standards practice (or outdated with
little value)

Thanks again,

-- Rob