Hi Jens

Actually, using the 'title' attribute in a link does NOT add a little
bit of SEO. Title element ('Page Title') - yes for SEO - but title
attribute - no.

Try it yourself. Put a few words in a title attribute - words which
don't otherwise appear on your page. The once Google has re-indexed
the page, (look at the date in the Google cache); then search your
sitein Google for the words you included in the title attribute.

Here's an example. The words "Australian DDA" appear in a title
element of a link on http://www.cogentis.com.au/ but no where else on
that page, i.e. only here:

the Australian DDA and web accessibility issues">Web accessibility
issues</a>

But a search in Google will not return this page.
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site%3Acogentis.com.au+Australian+DDA&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryAU

It only returns another page on the site which does have those words
on the page.

Google won't find them, because it doesn't index them; just like
Google doesn't index the content of e.g. meta name ="keywords" field.

Chris