Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

As the lord of microformats Tantek seems so vehemently opposed to it, I sincerely doubt it will happen any time soon. It's now been roughly three years since the debate around ABBR issues first started, and little visible progress seems to have been made. Who knows, maybe the cynic in me will be pleasantly surprised, but I won't hold my breath...

A timely blog post by Andy...and this marks the third anniversary of the same issues being rehashed

http://forabeautifulweb.com/blog/about/designing_around_haccessibility/

though Ben Ward's efforts are to be noted...see

http://forabeautifulweb.com/blog/about/designing_around_haccessibility/#r356

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com