Chris Taylor wrote:
>> From: Chris Knowles
>> I wouldn't be waiting for ARIA to get out of draft before using it :) It
>> has pretty good support in browsers already so get stuck in. And because
>> essentially all you are doing with ARIA is adding attributes to tags,
>> the worst that can happen is your pages no longer validate - but who
>> cares if you are making them more accessible?
>
> I think validation is still important to ensure a consistent and
future-proof experience across browsers

yes, so you still run your code through the validator and make sure it
only fails on the ARIA attributes -  that way you save yourself a whole
lot of trouble. I don't really understand inserting attributes with
javascript just so you get a tick from the validator? Maybe I'm missing
something but what benefit does that bring? And validators will catch up
at some point anyway.

--
Chris Knowles