From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of David Dixon
Sent: 26 January 2009 22:50
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Users who deliberately disable JavaScript

Again, can you show that the small decline in IE's market share has
contributed to users blocking Javascript or using specific Firefox
extensions?

IE has had plugins such as the Web Accessibility Toolbar etc for some years
now that allow disabling of Javascript very easily, so why would the usage
of another browser and additional extensions change this?

People do change their viewing habits all the time, and migrations between
browsers will continue (whether to IE detriment or not), it doesn't mean
people are getting smarter or that they are concerned at all about
Javascript (im sure the security concerns over IE6/7 that have talked about
over in the mainstream news networks over the past couple of years have had
nothing to do with Javascript, and are far more related to Microsoft's
proprietary ActiveX functionality).

If memory serve's, the "people are getting smarter" observation has been
stated on this mailing list since its inception, and we've yet to see any
evidence of this.

David