daniel wrote:

it would be much more interesting to discuss IE8's compliance again.
All compliant sites that I've made render fine in Safari 3 & 4 and FIrefox 3 but always fail to work 100% on IE...

It isn't about standard compliance for your sites, but which standard
IE8 is limited to - CSS 2.1 pretty much...
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc351024(VS.85).aspx>

Trying to do anything more advanced in IE8, is doomed to failure. Add a
few bugs - surprisingly few for the average site, and you may as well
roll your design back a bit.
Test in earlier Gecko and WebKit versions too, as many browsers in
regular use use those older engines.

side note: I've been using Safari 4 for a couple of days and I absolutely love it - it loads and renders pages much faster than FF and JS intensive pages are faster then ever - besides, who really uses Opera anyway?!

:-)

Nothing but!

I'll leave further commenting to someone who knows more...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/molly_1_25.html>
...and Safari 4 beta will be put through a round of thorough tests too...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/molly_1_26.html>
...while we're waiting for the finals.

regards
        Georg