Hey guys,

I have just come across a website that looks absolutely fine in IE7, IE6,
Firefox and the other modern browsers, however in IE5 none of the content
shows up.

The HTML/CSS is all valid, but what really made me stop and think is that
the site actually complies with the WCAG 1.0 guidelines as far as I can see.
So I wonder: where are the guidelines addressing browser compatibility in
WCAG? I mean: to be accessible the site doesn't necessarily have to look
great, but at least the content should show up in all browsers, even the old
ones, right?

Of course the users could switch off stylesheets and the content would show
up even in IE5, but I can't imagine that the accessibility guidelines would
expect users of particular browsers to be changing their settings?

I went through WCAG 1 and WCAG 2, and I expected an appropriate guideline to
show up under Priority 1 (or Level A), but nothing. Or am I missing
something in the obscure wording of the document that is WCAG?

Andreas.

database 3994 (20090407) __________

http://www.eset.com