On Apr 24, 2009, at 2:21 AM, <michael.brocking...@bt.com> <michael.brocking...@bt.com > wrote:

Personally, I think there should have been a companion article
explaining why designers can't write code.

And they love to say there is a good reason why developers shouldn't touch design :-)

Let's do a calculation on a cost on how website being built.

60/h (euro, us#, au$ or whatever) for a X year experience CSS coder
100/h for a designer ( X year experience)
120/h for a js programmer ( X year experience)
150/h for a php programmer ( X year experience)

Oh my, there is no budget left for accessibility and usability gurus. No wonder these two areas are left out from 99% of the sites out there on the internet because they think designers shouldn't touch code and developers shouldn't touch design.

tee