It does of course require JavaScript which isn't strictly necessary as you can get the same effect with just CSS (especially for the purposes of the example given initially).

With regards to background image positioning, I'm fairly sure there is no way to stop it going to position (0,0) as that's how the Microsoft Filter works.

Ben

---
e: b...@bendodson.com
w: http://bendodson.com/