From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org]
On Behalf Of Jens-Uwe Korff
Sent: 19 June 2009 00:39
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] RE: Using background images on submit buttons

>on an ASP.NET-driven site we'd like to use background images for
flexible-width submit inputs.
>Due to the .NET limitation we cannot use the <button> tag and are stuck
with the following syntax:
><input type="submit" value="Button Text" />

Thank you for your inputs.

However, we really cannot use the <button> element.
I'll be looking into adding a wrapper to the <input> which appears to be
the best solution as of now.

Heavy Javascripting would complicate the build even further and I hope
we can get around that option.

Cheers,

Jens

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying
files is or may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of
this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is
subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or
communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you
have received this e-mail in error please advise the sender immediately
by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not
guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in
this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure,
therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message or attached files.