Chris Taylor wrote:
Hi,

tee said:
However, seeing that HTML 5 has given hr tag a new purpose: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-hr-element http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#flow-content-0

quote: The hr element represents a paragraph-level thematic break,
e.g. a scene change in a story, or a transition to another topic
within a section of a reference book.

In HTML5 doesn't the <section> element do that job? To be honest,
I've always felt <hr> seems a strange element to use in any
circumstance.

Well, I work arse-backwards from the way most books on Web design
approach things. I gather content first, then mark it up with HTML so
that it reads sensibly without CSS, only then adding structural elements
and CSS. In that context, it sometimes make sense to add HR elements...

Cordially,
David