Hi Tee,

----- Original Message ----- From: "tee" <weblis...@gmail.com>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:04 AM
Subject: [WSG] a table layout issue

 It never occurs to me I cannot do something like this.

I need each tr with borders and a margin-top to separate each tr, then a 5 pixel padding inside the tr so that the td's border doesn't touch the tr, but I can't get it working.

http://lotusfromthemud.com/table/tr.html

The image below the table is the exact layout I needed.

Is this possible?

tee

Is the good old "cellspacing" any use?  e.g.:

#grid{width : 600px; border : 1px solid #aaa; margin : 0 auto;}

#grid td{text-align : center; border-right : 1px solid #aaa; }

.noborder{border : none!important;}

</head>

That seems to work, unless I'm missing the point?

Bob