> Do you include a second H1 on the page too? No?
A bit arrogant question. Guess you think people who use h1 for logo don't
know anything about semantic markup :)

Not really considering that's the topic of the discussion. The orginal post
is about placing an h1 around the logo and then using an additional H1 in
the page.

As I said in an earlier email. The reason why logos were being used with H1
tags is because they are usually placed at the start of a document and
therefore they could be used to maintain the correct page structure when a
website was using a multi-column layout.

Wrapping a logo with an H1 purely for SEO purposes is not a good practice.
Repeating keyword heavy titles sitewide is also bad SEO.

Darren Lovelock
Munky Online Web Design
http://www.munkyonline.co.uk
T: +44 (0)20-8816-8893