We're accessibility testing at the moment. We've got some email forms (ie. Put
in your email address to subscribe -> submit) that do not currently submit if
you press enter.
Personally I feel this should be an accessibility issue, but I am finding it
difficult to locate any solid documentation to back up my claim. I've had the
argument put to me that a keyboard only user could still tab to the submit
button, then press enter, but this seems very unintuitive to me to force users
to do this.

I've also had put to me that some users get confused if they want to put line
breaks in a field and submit by accident... and so to be consistent pressing
enter should never submit a form. (data entry people would love that one :P)

Is submitting by pressing enter from a form best practice, or just common
practice? Is it an accessibility problem? ... and to what degree?

WARNING: The information contained in this email may be confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use or copying of any part
of this information is unauthorised. If you have received this email in
error, we apologise for any inconvenience and request that you notify
the sender immediately and delete all copies of this email, together
with any attachments.