hi webstandards group.

I have one question I can't seem to find and answer to
below is all my css in a document I have created. It is xhtml
transitional. My document works fine except when I
add float:left; to my content div. It will not stay in the
wrapper. I know that it must be a simple answer. I have tried reading
the W3C on floating but got loss. I am trying to get the div to sit nicely
next to menuB. Can someone explain why this is happening? =)

body {
    background-image:url('images/back.gif');
    color:#404040;
    font-family:Verdana,Geneva,Arial,sans-serif;
    font-size:.93em;
    line-height:130%;
}

/*document container*/