Hi

I guess it's understand the consequences and use at your own risk. I doubt a
vendor will change the spelling and if they do, I'm pretty sure they'd
maintain BC by allowing both to work.
Using the example of *-radius, the vendor differences are more to do with
what the values selected will render as rather than the naming, for instance
webkit allows elliptical curves while moz only allows regular curves:
http://www.css3.info/border-radius-apple-vs-mozilla/
Apparently, webkit more closely resembles the CSS3 spec. Mozilla may change
their interpretation leading to possibly unexpected results (which you can
then fix).

Opera is apparently going to be supporting 'border-radius' in an upcoming
Presto release.

The end-goal is for all the major browsers to switch to border-radius and
then ignore their vendor specifc version, to avoid conflicts.

There are plenty of options to create curve-edged boxes but the CSS method
is the easiest programatically to implement, followed by creating PNG
quadrants on the fly with Imagick or similar and positioning them using CSS.
Opera allows SVG backgrounds,
so they can be created on-the-fly as XML. Plenty of designers cap a box top
and bottom with two curved slices but that's a pain to implement in flexible
layouts.

To answer a question further back, yes border-radius should be last in the
list after the vendor extensions.

Cheers
James