On 19 Aug 2010, at 11:08, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/content-models.html#annotations-for-assistive-technology-products-aria
>
> However, with the new outline/sectioning algorithm, you can potentially go
> well over the classic h1-h6 number of heading levels, while the ARIA
> additional hints only allow mapping back to those six levels.

Really? Maybe I'm missing something - what's non-conforming about:

  <section>
    <h1 role="heading" aria-level="7">Foo</h1>
  </section>

given that "[t]he value for 'aria-level' is an integer greater than or equal to
1."

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/complete#aria-level

(Those ARIA annotations are strictly unnecessary when UAs implement the "Strong
native semantics and implied ARIA semantics" from that table.)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis