Is the font in an <h> tag?

If so are you specifying font-weight: normal?

If it's part of the logo, and it has to be spot-on, then an image may be your only option.

Henrik Madsen
+61 08 9387 1250
hen...@igenerator.com.au
www.igenerator.com.au

On 14/09/2010, at 5:18 PM, Lyn Smith wrote:

I have a client who is very precise in what he wants. He sent me a draft in Publisher which I transformed into a website. The font for the header text (site title) is Times New Roman.

The problem is that it looks completely different online to what it does in Publisher. Publisher renders it very narrow. Online it looks chunkier even though it is just normal weight, not bold. It is 2.5ems - I tried reducing the size but it did not reduce the chunkiness.

According to Publisher, the style is Normal, 10pt, Main(Black), Kerning 14pt,Left, Line Spacing 1sp.

As far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with the way it looks online at all - but it is not what he wants. He wants narrow.

Is there a way of making the font narrower - short of making it an image - or is there an explanation I can give him of why it looks different online?

Thanks.

--
Lyn Smith

www.westernwebdesign.com.au